Popularity of Colours from around the World
Green (>50 year old)
- Blue, red and green are by far the most popular colours worldwide, with blue the overall winner.
- Yellow, orange, brown and purple are the least favourite colours worldwide, with yellow — preferred by only 5% of respondents — taking bottom spot.
- Blue is the favourite colour of more than half of the world’s people, with 42% of males and 30% of females citing blue as their top colour choice. It is the colour least disliked by most cultures.
- Twenty-three per cent of people over the age of 50 prefer green, whereas that number drops to 14% among those under.
Women have a larger preference than men for the red part of the colour spectrum, including purple.
- Among males, 20% associate purple with courage and bravery, yet 22% maintain it is their least favourite colour.
Among females, 23% surveyed claim purple is their least favourite colour, while eight per cent say it is their favourite.
- Orange is increasingly disliked by both men and women as they age.
Find out more. Visit this link.